npage = "https://www.emc.ncep.noaa.gov/";
National Centers for Environmental Prediction
ENGINEERING AND IMPLEMENTATION BRANCH (EIB)
- To consolidates engineering and implementation functions to more efficiently and consistently support all modeling groups.
- Separates implementation functions from model science chain of command, better enabling the application and enforcement of common standards required for implementing code on NCEP's operational systems
- Develops and manages the systems architecture and software infrastructure for EMC's modeling and data assimilation systems.
- Manages the code repository and its associated rules and procedures.
- Manages process for pre-implementation testing and works with Modeling and Data Assimilation Branch (MDAB) scientists on designing and conducting the test.
- Manages and improves data processing and reformatting for I/O data.
- Works with MDAB scientific developers and NCEP Central Operations to optimize the model and data assimilation systems for maximum efficiency on NCEP high performance computing platforms.
BRANCH CHIEF, DR. ARUN CHAWLA