Mesoscale Parallel Experiment Log
North American WRF-NMM run with
Integration domain covers about 1/2 of the ops NAM 12 km domain.
- cycled data assimilation using Grid-point
Statistical Interpolation (GSI) analysis
- version 2.1 of WRF-NMM (9/20/2005 repository version)
currently running in NAM, go to the
old NAM parallel change log
current NAMX change log
for details on differences between this run and the 9/20/2005 respository version of the WRF-NMM.
- Fully cycled land-states using G. Gayno's surface update codes; SST, snow, sea ice updated at the
start of each 00z assimiltion cycle
- NMM terrain and roughness length from G. Gayno utilities.
- Model top pressure moved from 50 mb to 2 mb, vertical layer distribution modified to maintain the same thickness
of the lowest layer as is in NAM.
- GSI analysis uses GFS-based background error covariances
- Parallel Slot
- Control Slot
- Operational NAM-12, NAMX
- Start date of parallel experiment
- 12Z 2005/11/04
- End date of parallel experiment
- 12Z 2006/01/11
- Experiment changes log
- Background links
- Evaluation of parallel results
Daily forecast maps vs NAMX
Daily forecast maps vs ops NAM, ops GFS, and NAMX
Daily forecast stats
NAMX Verification of precipitation and against rawinsondes / surface data (10/3/05-10/23/05)
NAMX Verification of precipitation and against rawinsondes / surface data (11/21/05-12/01/05)
NAMX Verification of precipitation and against rawinsondes / surface data (1/1/06-1/08/06)
Mesoscale Parallel Home Page